The ideal candidate has good personal communication skills, strong organization skills, ability to prioritize, is comfortable doing remote technical support, including some over the phone. It is preferred that you have an understanding of complex systems, where a problem in one area, combined with a misconfigured system setting, could cause an error message in a log file on a different server. You realize that complex systems can have complex problems. You are good at getting to the root cause of the issue, even when Google doesn’t have the answer.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about QA and who has experience in manual and automated testing. We would like someone who can execute tests but also, someone who has the passion to enhance our current QA process as we grow and build toward the future. Someone who has experience with helping to develop QA Analyst skillsets and experience with Linux command lines, Python, and Java is a plus.
This position is contract-to-hire.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Solution Delivery, and software teams to understand delivery needs and to build out effective test plans
- Monitor QA board and ensure timely delivery of QA tasks
- Ensure high quality delivery of software through extensive and effective testing scripts
- Provide customer support to help assist with operational and system issues
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation
- Up to 35% travel to support customer implementations
- Take responsibility for multiple tasks in multiple projects simultaneously
- Review existing code and make required modifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, and 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Experience with Python and C development
- Linux command-line experience
- Prior technical support experience is a plus
- Prior QA experience
- Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic environment